At The Purple Centre the wide range of emotional and psychological difficulties of the clients will be addressed, diagnosed and treated. The most appropriate therapy will be resorted for effective results.
The purpose of a psychiatric diagnostic interview is to gather information that will enable the examiner to make a diagnosis. Having established a diagnosis, the clinician can then make predictions about the future course of a disorder and the likely response to treatment. As with all areas of medicine, treatment decisions are guided by diagnosis. Unlike most disciplines of physical medicine, however, psychiatry has no external validating criteria, no laboratory tests to confirm or refute diagnostic impressions.
Consequently the diagnoses is wholly a product of the skills and knowledge of the individual psychiatrist and can never be better than the judgment made by individual clinicians.
Emotional difficulties are usually the upshot of thoughts and feeling out of a person’s consciousness, which may also be augmented by situations and stresses in current reality of an individual’s life. The treatment at The Purple Centre therefore focuses not only at the preliminary distress or symptoms but also the underlying sources of distress that are often unknown to the individual/ patient/ client.
One of the key therapies provided at The Purple Centre is Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy. It is a collaborative/joint effort on the part of the therapist and the patient to do the following :
- Increase awareness and understanding of the unconscious feelings, thought and defences
- Develop new insight into the patient’s/client’s motivations
- Help individuals take back control of their lives and
- Respond to challenging situations with healthy coping skills.
At The Purple Centre, we recognize that the patients/ clients come to therapy with their own unique strengths and difficulties/ struggles. We provide our helping hand to help you with all the below mentioned difficulties:
- Personality disorders,
- Developmental problems in children and adolescents,
- Dealing and coping with major illness,
- Physical limitations such as accident, injuries, cancer, diabetes etc.
- Coping with and Surviving Trauma-physical,
- Emotional or sexual abuse,
- Trauma caused by witnessing violence etc.
- Behavioral and conduct related difficulties in children,
- Relationship difficulties,
- Workplace difficulties,
- Coping with major life changes such as loss of job, divorce etc.
- Dealing with the grief of loss of loved ones,
- Learning to manage anger,
- Dealing with sexual anxieties and difficulties,
- Coping with Substance addictions,
- Coping with and Surviving Trauma caused by natural calamities.
- Learning difficulties in children,
- Inattention or Hyperactivity in children
We strive to create a safe and non-judgmental space and an atmosphere of trust and respect.
We offer various modes of therapy
- Psychoanalytic psychotherapy with adults and adolescents
Psychoanalytic and psychodynamic psychotherapy aim to help adults and adolescents with serious psychological disorders to understand and change complex, deep-seated and often unconsciously based emotional and relationship problems thereby reducing symptoms and alleviating distress. This process helps patients gradually to identify these patterns and, in becoming conscious of them, to develop the capacity to understand and change them.
- Psychodynamic/psychoanalytic play therapy with children
- Family Therapy
Family therapy is a type of psychological counseling (psychotherapy) that helps family members improve communication and resolve conflicts.Family therapy will be a short term. It may include all family members or just those able or willing to participate. Your specific treatment plan will depend on your family’s situation. Family therapy sessions will teach you skills to deepen family connections and get through stressful times, even after you’re done going to therapy sessions.
- Couples therapy
This is a great way to repair your strained relationship with your partner.Couples try couples therapy when a significant amount of damage has already been done. Maladaptive relational patterns have become entrenched, the emotional bond between partners has been severely weakened and there is a high level of resentment due to unresolved past conflicts.We can help you fix your relationship.
- Group therapy
The services of the clinic are made affordable and psychotherapy made available to the community at large by the policy of charging fees on a sliding scale taking the financial capacity of the patient into consideration.